~~grace~~ ~ ~ g r a c e ~ ~


Friday, December 02, 2005


Day 20. wow we are halfway through the 40 days breakthrough fast!

today's reflection is more on love. what can i give.. how far can i go for love?
i was watching bruce almighty the other day, i think it's nice. first, it's not that easy to be God especially when you love the ppl so much yet cannot force them to love you back. Jesus loves us so much but we hurt Him more than we love Him. that's painful. but that doesn't stop Him right? no matter what kind of answer He gets, He continues on.
second, at the end Bruce chose to pray for the best, happiness for the girl instead of he himself being with the girl. selfless love. when you love the ppl around you, the return is not important, you have to give without expecting any return, no condition. i think sometimes we are being too calculative with the ppl around us, imagine if God is being calculative with us. please do not think how much you have sacrificed for the ppl around you, if you do things out of love, it is a joy right? remember that to love is to give =)

practical: what can i do now? not just words but in actions.
those whom i love, you may present your requests to me hahaha...

YF said that i have a habit of posting lyrics up, but i can't help it, there are too many good lyrics around ^^
this is a nice one-

I woke up this morning feeling kind of blue
and I stumbled out of bed and dragged my feet across the room
Right outside my front door was a rose and a note that said 'Somebody Loves You'

But out on the street it starts to pour and before I get soaking wet
A total stranger runs to give me the jacket off his back
I turn around to thank him but he waves me with a smile
I can hardly believe my eyes
He puts on a halo and starts to fly

Take a look at the ordinary
Don't need to look at Paradise
You could be next to an angel in disguise

I met a good friend for lunch and we had a delicious meal
But I forgot to bring my wallet, I felt like an imbecile
But she was sweet, she gave me a treat and bought me a chicken sandwich
To take home for tea

But out on the street with nothing to eat, a man and his shopping cart go
Travelling to places, collecting social graces
I give him my sandwich and we chatter for a while
I see a rainbow wash over his eyes
He gives me his halo and I start to fly

Take a look at the ordinary
Don't need to look for Paradise
You could be next to an angel in disguise

Don't try to hide away from me, I know you're by my side
Take a look at the ordinary
Don't need to look for Paradise
You could be next to an angel in disguise
Everyday can be legendary, every minute, an endless surprise
You could be the next angel in disguise

I woke up this morning, feeling kind of new.


angel in disguise - corrinne may

- life is beautiful knowing that you are loved -

***

we had our first and last unit cg last nite. the truth is i was having butterflies before that, well due to the challenge given by YS to play guitar for praise ><
to screw up in front of so many ppl (mostly first time seeing them) is not really a good idea. anyway thanks YS and YF for the faith put in me haha and it did motivate me to practise more, though the songs are easy but i just have to strive for the excellence.

it was a great cg, personally i sensed something different in the worship that i haven't felt for long, like a breakthrough. YF chose the song 'amazed' again (Hope's top chart now?) she said it's my fave song haha oh well i don't deny that i like that simple beautiful song a lot.
too bad we couldn't finish the skit due to the time limit, samuel was definitely disappointed since he has practised so hard haha but i'm glad that somehow this whole snow white thing has brought all of us closer =)



taken on YS' bday celebration. not the complete cg, but i like this photo.
clockwise from top left- cindy, haydee, me, susi, eefuang, weiling, nicole n candice

*livi* 4:18 PM

• • • • •



about me~

livi grace melinda
14/02/82
love everything but durian

any message?~




check this out~

** hope singapore **
** hope premier league **
** online bible **
** reminiscence **

** ps ben
** ps jeff
** eelee
** germs
** jasmine
** junhuang
** junming
** justin
** merv
** shirls
** shuping
** shuz
** weiling



archives~

June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008